Custom Joist Router Control
This Customer was using a third party engineering software to calculate floor joist layouts and cut data.
This information was being exported as a job file in XML format.
We were asked to interpret this data for each job sent to the machine and command the machine positioning and printer.
We built an interface to allow the user to visualize each job and load and select individual boards.
- Function for function’ replacement of current system to new control
- Minimal machine down time for retrofit
- Optimize process to save time
- By integrating to the existing distributed IO devices and using the installed motors and drives we were able to minimize the machine down time and put the first two machines back in production after 4 days.
- We built an interpreter for the XML job files from the engineering software for the board data and seamlessly interfaced to all the auxiliary devices.
- Sent the label data to the printer and coordinated printing with the motion of the board
- Created the cut list for the saw
- Created the motion profile for the router