- Operating System & Software
- Our control systems are PC based running the Windows operating system and “comes” with state of the art Mach3 CNC software. Being Windows based, these controls bridge the gap between skilled CNC operators and New-to-CNC first time users. Anyone with basic computer skills can learn how to use our control systems.
MachMotion controls are shipped with pre-configured standard operating parameters to help reduce initial set up time.
- All MachMotion controls require (Fanuc style) G-code to operate. Using CAD/CAM software with a Mach3 post processor is the most common way to generate G-codes for our control systems. We also have custom conversational and standard conversational packages available.
- Our controls have an “open architecture” which gives them unparalleled flexibility. Changing settings, adding or changing inputs/outputs and easily designating M-Codes to a specific machine function are just a sample of how versatile MachMotion controls can be. Adding an axis is easily accomplished with no additional software expense. MachMotion controls are being used in many custom applications every day helping companies maximize production efficiency with a well-supported, open architecture automation solution.
- Maintenance and up-time of our controls are a snap because we utilize high quality, off the shelf, PC components in our controls. The fact that we use standard PC components adds to our ability to customize and adapt to your needs.
- Digital or Analog?
- Before you buy this control, you will need to know if your drives take a digital signal (step and direction) or analog signal (±10V) input from the control. Most older servo drives require an analog signal for control/operation. All stepper drives, and many new servo drives accepts a digital signal. If your drives are digital, then this control will work for you! Otherwise please look into our Analog CNC Control, or a full Retrofit package with a CNC Control with drives and motors.
- After determining if your drives accept Digital or Analog signals, it is best to have a wiring diagram to assist with our control installation. If you need help determining what type of signal your drive requires for operation, please contact us (link to contact page here). We will need to know the make and model number of the drive.
- All of our kits come with a full 1 year warranty. Each system is tested thoroughly before shipment.
|Digital CNC Control with the Apollo III|
|6 Axes||X Axis, Y Axis, Z Axis, A Axis (Rotary), B Axis, C Axis|
|6 Encoder Inputs||Full Closed Loop, Current Axis Position Display|
|8 Outputs||Flood/Mist, Coolant, Lamp, etc.|
|16 Inputs||X, Y, & Z Limit Switches, Oiler Refill Warning, etc.|
|2 Spindle Relay Outputs||Spindle Forward/Reverse|
|1 Spindle Analog Output||Analog Output 0-10V for Spindle Speed Control|
|Expandable I/O Card*||I/O for Advanced Options or Tool Changers|
|*By default this is not included with this kit|
Use Build-A-Quote to configure and price any MachMotion control kit. See every available CNC control option and pricing. You can add to cart and email the quote or print it for later use.
|Mach3 CNC Control Software Features|
|Conversational Programing (Wizards)||Real time virtual tool path display|
|Visual G-Code Display||Unlimited Part program file storage|
|Standard canned cycles for drilling, pecking and boring||Subroutine and Macro programing|
|MDI & G-code input||Configurable M codes|
|Speed/Feed automatic calculator||253 Work/fixture offsets|
|253 Tool offsets||G40, G41, G42 Tool comp.|
|Spindle speed control||Multiple relay control (flood, mist coolant, exc.)|
|Backlash axes compensation||Lead Screw axis mapping compensation|
|No physical PLC or Ladder Logic necessary for machines without a tool changer||Maintenance Statistics|
|Interactive diagnostic watch windows for all digital I/O, and axis positions||Absolute, Incremental, Distance yet to go readouts|
|Feed hold||Exact stop checking and smoothing|
|Decelerated stops when you want them (M1 Stop)||Master and Slave axis union|
|Inch and millimeter mode||Video display of machine *optional|
|ATC: Tool Changer (With added PLC)|
(CUSTOMZIBLE Options for Custom machines.)
Operator Screens Designed for your Custom process
Cut list (CVS, Excel) Data file can be loaded into machine via standard Windows networking or USB memory stick.
Custom Conversational programming.
Entry level operator will Enter Position and Dimensions of Part or shape into MachMotion Control and cycle machine. 10 Quick select user buttons on main operator screen programed to automatically load the top 10 most popular parts. At any time a part can be called up from the control memory then run.
Customizable (Write your own macro's with VB for extra control and design custom screens)
*The Ultimate Screen is not included in this control. To add it go to the "Options / Buy Now" tab.
MachMotion Ultimate Screen
The Ultimate Screen was developed by MachMotion to give our customers an easy to use customizable interface that is expandable to 6 axes. Below is a list of the highlighted features of the Ultimate Screen.
- Large buttons for touchscreen compatibility. Includes an onscreen keyboard.
- User buttons with on-press and on-release programming options and built in user LEDs.
- Buttons like Homing, Zeroing, and Goto are all fully customizable for special applications.
- Built in Job Queue option so you can run multiple programs in a row.
- Password protection for all the machine settings.
Click below on the screen to navigate through a live preview. Note that some features are disabled.
Basic Mill Screen
These are pictures of the default Mach3 Mill screens that come with all mill controls.
Basic Mill Wizards
These are the basic Mill Wizards (Conversational Programming) that come with all mill controls.
Basic Lathe Screens
These are the standard lathe screens that come with all our controls.
These are the standard lathe wizards that come with all our lathe kits.
We also have customized screens. Please contact us for any special applications.
|This Control Includes||No|
|CNC Control Size||24" (W) X 15.5" (H) X 6.5" (D)|
|Operating System||Windows® 7 (Windows PRO Optional)|
|Power Supplies||300 Watt PC Power Supply & 30 Watt 24VDC Supply|
|Power Requirements||110-240 VAC Operation|
|Power Cord||3' Power Cable|
|Keyboard||Waterproof, impervious to most anything including coffee and cleaning solutions.|
|Ethernet||Connect to your network and easily transfer files from the office to your control|
|USB Ports||1 External USB Port + 1 Internal Click here for a picture of the external USB.|
|Screen Size||17" LCD Monitor|
|Max Resolution||1280 x 1024|
|Drives Supported||Digital Servo & Stepper|
|Operator Panel||X15-10-01 Operator Panel, with Jog Buttons, Axis Selector, Increment Selector, Jog Speed Selector, Cycle Start, Feed-hold and Emergency Stop Buttons, Pendant Connector.|
|Available Power Supply Outputs||5VDC, 12VDC & 24VDC|
|Digital Relay Outputs||No|
|Digital Outputs||8 (Expandable)|
|Digital Output Voltage Range||7V-48VDC|
|Digital Inputs||16 (Expandable)|
|Digital Input Voltage Range||2.5V-48VDC|
|Spindle Analog Output||Analog Output 0-10V DC|
|Spindle Relay Outputs||2 FWR, REV|
|Safety Features||Opto-isolated I/O & Hardwired E-Stop|
|Charge Pump Output||No|
|Extra MPG (hand wheel) inputs||2|
Our standard package ships within 2-3 weeks.
Any additional options could take up to 6 - 10 days.
Standard Shipping is UPS Ground